Dental Implants Can Restore Your Smile Confidence
When you've lost one or more teeth, it can not only affect your self-confidence but the overall function of your mouth, as well. Thankfully, dental implants can provide a restorative solution that's long-lasting, effective, and aesthetically pleasing.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts or frames that are surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gums. Following a series of months wherein the posts firmly anchor to the jaw, a dental crown is added to the implant and recreates the look and function of a natural tooth.
Benefits of dental implants include:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, and they are designed to fuse with the jawbone, making these prosthetics permanent.
- Improved speech. With dental implants, you will not have to worry about your teeth slipping or making clicking sounds when you talk.
- Improved comfort. Dental implants eliminate the discomfort of wearing dentures.
- Easier eating. Dental implants function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with ease.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants do not require reducing other teeth as is the case with a dental bridge. Additionally, because dental implants fuse with the jawbone, they help keep it healthy and strong.
Candidates for dental implants must be in good general health and have healthy gums. They must also have enough bone to support an implant. Patient with low bone levels may still be candidates for treatment following a bone grafting procedure to build their jawbone density.
Are you wondering if an implant might be right for you? Call us today to arrange a complimentary consultation!
Contact Us Today About Dental Implants
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Enjoy a durable, permanent restoration
- Smile confidently with a natural-looking prosthetic
- Prevent shifting in teeth adjacent to an extraction site