How Bruxism Treatment Can Protect Your Smile
If you have bruxism (meaning you grind your teeth during the day or night), it's important to seek out treatment to prevent long-term oral damage – including tooth chips, crack, fractures, and more – that can be caused by the condition.
What’s involved with the assessment process?
After thoroughly examining your mouth, our dentist will check for signs of bruxism, including jaw tenderness, broken or fractured teeth, and other mouth damage that may include scarring on your cheeks. They’ll also ask questions about your dental hygiene habits, any medications you’re taking, your sleep habits and stress levels, which can all contribute to this condition.
Should there be a concern that your bruxism is related to significant sleep issues or is caused by anxiety or other psychological issues, we may recommend that you see your general practitioner for an evaluation and specialist referral.
What treatment options are available?
While there are a variety of treatments for bruxism, one of the most effective is the use of a protective nightguard. Custom-fitted to your mouth, patients utilize it while they sleep, protecting their teeth and gums from grinding and clenching. In doing so, they:
- Reduce tooth pain and sensitivity
- Reduce their risk of tooth decay and cavities
- Reduce their risk of developing or exacerbating gum disease
- Improve their sleep quality.
Contact Us Today About Bruxism Treatment
- Shield your teeth from damage
- Avoid unnecessary fillings, dental crowns, & tooth extractions
- Eradicate morning headaches and jaw soreness caused by night grinding
- Utilize a comfortable, custom-made guard while sleeping
- Prioritize your oral health!