Time and age can take their toll on our smiles. After all, our teeth get plenty of wear every day. With today’s dentistry techniques and technology, our dentist in Lisle IL at Advanced Lisle Dental can restore chipped, cracked, broken, or discolored teeth … and make your smile look better than ever – with dental veneers!
Dental Veneers Can Disguise The Tooth Flaws You’d Prefer To Keep To Yourself
A veneer is an extremely thin – yet strong – tooth-colored composite resin or porcelain shell that covers the front surface of your tooth. Here are some of the benefits of veneers, in addition to helping your smile stand out:
- Brighten teeth that have been discolored by coffee, tea, red wine, or even medications like tetracycline
- Hide cracks, small gaps, and chips
- Correct misshapen teeth
- Straighten the look of slightly crooked or recessed teeth
- Create uniformity in your smile by correcting color, shape, and size of a tooth (or teeth).
Are Veneers Different From Dental Bonding?
Definitely. Porcelain veneers are…
- custom-made by lab technicians
- one solid piece instead of applied in layers – no chipping
- stronger and longer-lasting – less likely to discolor
- completely natural-looking – nobody needs to know you've even had a cosmetic dental treatment!
It can take either one or two visits to our office to prepare your teeth and apply veneers, depending on the type we use for your unique circumstance, but whichever we use, both porcelain and composite are beautiful and have their own unique benefits.
A healthy shiny smile goes a long way. But many of us aren’t completely satisfied with how we look when we flash our pearly whites … when they become stained, dull, or damaged. If you think dental veneers may help you smile more, contact our office to schedule a convenient appointment with our dentist in Lisle IL. Let’s get your smile on!